Itching Caused By RAZOR
SYMPTOMS: Razor burned skin can be itchy with red or pink, rash-like bumps that can range from a mild, to full inflammation of the hair follicles.
CAUSES: Shaving with a dull razor or applying too much force to the skin with the razor can cause razor burn. Sensitive skin may also play a part.
- Prepare the skin by wetting it with warm water this helps to open the hair follicle .
- Exfoliate before and after.
- Never shave without some sort of lubricant. If you don't use shaving cream, you will find yourself red, and bumpy.
- Shave with long, slow, even strokes along the direction of hair growth.
- The more blades, the better.
- Rinse your razor between strokes if it becomes clogged with hair.
- Allow at least a few days in between shaves.
The Best TREATMENT Products:
The BEST Razor
The BEST Exfoliate
The BEST Shave Cream
The BEST Soothing Agents
WHEN TO SEE A HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL: If symptoms last more than 7 days, or clear up and then occur again within a few days.